The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Scholarship encourages scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research towards informing policy making in the United Arab Emirates. The Doctoral Research Grants is open to Ph.D. students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the UAE or abroad.
The Doctoral Research Grants financially supports doctoral candidates in the research phase of their dissertation. In its initial phase, two awards are granted annually for applied research projects to be conducted in the UAE.
The Doctoral Research Grants covers all student expenses, including return airfares from the country of origin, accommodation in the UAE for the duration of research and a stipend to cover cost of living and assistance with the research.
Doctoral Research Grants Objectives
The Doctoral Research Grants provides the chance for distinguished university graduate analysisers to utilize their potentials in providing innovative applied research.
Further, it fosters top quality analysis and develops the analysis capability within the region while promoting cross-cultural exchange and cooperation between highly recognized universities world wide and national establishments within the UAE.
Doctoral Research Grants Eligibility
Applicants of this Doctoral Research Grants should be candidates for the doctoral degree at an accredited graduate establishment wishing to participate in field analysis for his or her dissertation. candidates might not be on probation, suspension or alternative provisional registration and should have English proficiency with a minimum score
Doctoral Research Grants Application method
In order to use on-line, you'll would like the subsequent documents:
- The latest out there official transcript and transcripts of completed degrees
- A resume outlining instructional background, work expertise, co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- A copy of the approved analysis proposal or preliminary proposal
- A 2 page essay outlining the reason/s why the candidate is inquisitive about the scholarships
- Two letters of reference that address the suitability of the candidate. One letter should be from the candidate’s doctoral advisor and therefore the alternative ought to be from another educational and should indicate the character of the link with the candidate and therefore the length of your time of the link
- All materials submitted for thought can automatically become the property of the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy analysis and can not be came to the sender.
Selection Criteria For Doctoral Research Grants
The Doctoral Research Grants is awarded based mostly on advantage as measured by educational performance and relevance of analysis proposal. The applicant’s supposed field of study is additionally thought-about within the analysis method with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education or a directly connected field of study. The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation administrators and Advisory Board function the analysis and choice committee.
applications for the 2012-2013 academic year will be open until June 30, 2012.